Monday, September 12, 2011

A {nother} Fall Wreath

Hi Y’all! Happy {almost} Fall!

Ok, that was so cheesy I couldn’t resist! But seriously, there’s a crisp breeze in the air today, telling us fall is near.  I LOVE it!!!

As promised, I made another fall wreath for my front door. Do you recall the first one I made, almost solely out of burlap? If not, you can see how I made it here.

IMG_9813 

But alas, I wasn’t totally satisfied with how it looked against my black front door.  So I promised to make another one…

here ya go!

IMG_0081

To make this, I started with some beige burlap fabric and cut it into 5 inch strips.  I folded the strips in half lengthwise like this:

IMG_0071

Then I wrapped the strips around a 12” foam wreath.  I overlapped about halfway each time, coving up the cut edge, exposing the folded edge and about half of the fabric:

IMG_0072

Once my wreath was covered it looked like this:

IMG_0074

Next I made a bunch of fabric flowers just like I did for my burlap wreath. I followed the easy tutorial on Prudent Baby. 

IMG_0079

I also used a handful of those Eucalyptus Tree Nuts with the little stars in the middle that my kids collected on a hike recently. 

Lots of hot glue and voila, a 2nd fall wreath to welcome a new season!

IMG_0083IMG_0081

I like it on my front door much better than the first version:

IMG_9810IMG_0080

Please, remind me to put “Do something about front door knob” on my SHORT to-do list!

And the little owl wreath?  It’s hanging over my mantel…which is not quite finished!  A few more minor details to complete and I’ll show you my fall mantel.  Smile!!

Hugs,

Celeste

If you want some more wreath inspiration, here are some others I have made this year.  Click on each picture to see the whole post:

IMG_9813vdaywreath_009IMG_6845

1 comment:

  1. Super cute wreath! I don't think you can have to many fall projects! So glad you linked up to Show & Share! I have a giveaway going on right now would love to have you join in that also! http://mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com/2011/09/mixed-bag-designs-giveaway-with-3.html

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I LOVE your comments and appreciate the time you take to write them. I welcome questions and promise to answer them!
(You should be able to comment easily, but you'll need to just fill out the word verification box to make sure you are a real person!)