Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fourth of July Rag Wreath

Hi and Happy Summer! 

It’s officially summer and has finally stopped raining in N. Cal, Yay!!

I have been sooo wrapped up in my master bedroom remodel, I have been neglecting the {kids, cooking, laundry, bathrooms} rest of the house/decorating for summer.  Then I saw this rag wreath the other day on Twin Dragonfly Designs and haven’t stopped thinking about it since.

dragonflyragwreath

I loved coming home every day to my Valentine’s Day Wreath; it made the front door so welcoming.  I figured I could adapt the rag wreath to make one for the 4th of July! 

IMG_6844

I felt guilty about starting {yet} another project before finishing all of the other ones I have begun…so before I made this wreath today, I did a primer coat on all my picture frames and mirror. I am trying to finish my photo gallery wall which will sit on the picture ledge atop the board and batten in our family room.

IMG_6832 IMG_6833

And then I allowed myself to take a detour to the fabric store for my 4th of July Wreath!

IMG_6834

Materials Needed:

~1 yard of red fabric

~1 yard of white fabric

~3/4 yard of blue fabric

~a foam (or any kind would work) wreath

Easy Peasy Directions:

I ripped the fabric into strips that were 2” wide by 14” long (I could get 3 strips per length of fabric…42” wide fabric)  I ended up using 50 strips of red, 50 strips of white and 39 strips of blue. 

Next I tied the strips onto the wreath in a simple knot.

IMG_6839

I did 5 strips of red, then 5 white, then 5 red and so on. 

IMG_6840

I alternated the knot placement to make it as full as I could.

IMG_6842

And then I scrunched them all together.  And in just an hour I had a festive wreath to welcome guests {and myself}!

IMG_6847

 

IMG_6844

It makes me smile every time I come home!

Now I’m off to do a 2nd coat of spray paint on those frames.  Smile!

6 comments:

  1. That is just awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste hopw original! This is beautiful!!
    And look at all those frames !!!
    You are a little go-getter!
    Filled with energy and creativity!! Lol
    Yeah Celeste! :)

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mavis E. ButterfieldJune 26, 2011 at 4:57 PM

    Woooh, you've been one heckuva busy bee dude! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished making this. It turned out super cute!! Thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celeste,
    I made one for my front door and it is super cute! Thank you so much for the step-by-step instructions that proved to be very helpful. I just love coming home to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I LOVE your comments and appreciate the time you take to write them. I welcome questions and promise to answer them!
(You should be able to comment easily, but you'll need to just fill out the word verification box to make sure you are a real person!)