Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ruffled Camera Strap

One of the time consuming great things about blogging is getting so many creative ideas from other bloggers.  I’ve had this “Gathered Camera Strap Tutorial” saved in my favorites for a while now and am thrilled to say that I finally made it…and it came out SO Key-Ute!
IMG_4207
I was inspired to make it for my impossible to buy for friend for her birthday.  She had just bought herself a new camera last month and then she bought herself her husband gave her a portrait lens for her birthday. She has {just about} everything, needs nothing, and doesn’t want extra clutter!  I’d pretty much define that as impossible to buy for!  She’s a very good friend and I wanted to give her something special…and she’d kill me if I got her a compost bin…even if I hand-painted it to match her kitchen.  And then it dawned on me:
The Ruffled Camera Strap I had saved in my favorites!Of COURSE!It couldn’t be more perfect!  {I hope she thinks so!}
There was no reason for me to take pictures as I worked as Lindsay’s tutorial is awesome! I figured if I got stuck anywhere, I’d clarify it in my post, but that didn’t happen!  So if you love this strap, just hop on over to The Cottage Home for a great “how to”. 
Here’s Lindsay’s:
IMG_1718
And here’s mine:
IMG_4207
I pretty much copied hers exactly. Down to the double ribbon. Don’t you think it turned out so adorable!
IMG_1073
il_570xN_211553397
What a fun way to accessorize your camera. Ooooooo, I’m just imaging changing the strap for the season or occasion or just to match my outfit.  A great excuse to pick up some mixed bundles from Poppy Seed Fabrics!
Do you remember the ruffled towels I made?
IMG_0756 
I got all the fabric from Poppy Seed Fabrics. Kim puts together such cute combinations sold in bundles…or buy a yard of just one.
Anyways….back to that fun new strap…kinda jazzes up a boring black shirt, huh?! I think everyone *needs* one.
IMG_1086
And it’s padded too…which, for my friend’s new camera, she’s surely gonna appreciate…hers is a whopping 1.7 pounds without a lens! Make that 2+ pounds with a lens.
Do you know a photographer who might love one of these? Or just that hard to buy for friend who has a camera.  I bet they don’t have a fancy camera strap!


Linking to these parties!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!



10 comments:

  1. Very cute! Good job...I saw these for the first time yesterday somewhere in 'blogland' and thought that it was a great idea...and you post it today! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is LITERALLY the most thoughtful gift I have ever received! And, AWESOME!

    -Has it All, Needs Nothing and Doesn't Want Any Clutter

    ReplyDelete
  3. mavis E. ButterfieldMarch 24, 2011 at 9:47 PM

    can i make a guess that the person you made the strap for also lives in Greenbrae?? just a shot in the dark with that. :)
    cute strap dude. i'd have you make one for Wyro, but the lad doesn't use his strap. he doesn't even hold the Canon 5D by the actual camera. . .the silly boy holds the entire unit by the base of the lens. such a wild thang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I want to spend a small fortune on a camera that has a strap just so I can make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mavis E. ButterfieldMarch 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM

    @ Anonymous. . .yup, i'm good that way. Hay, happy birthday by the way!!! Hope you get/got out for some fun!
    Signed, your sister in needs nothing/anti-clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Celeste! That is so super adorable! I need to learn how to sew, so I can make one of those (among many other reasons)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Celeste..I've been wanting one for a year now..every since I saw one of one of my first blogging friends blog. Yours is adorable..how great that you made it yourself!!
    Doesn;t it just personalize your camera?!
    The one that I loved was no longer available :(
    but perhaps I can find my own material and make one myself!!
    Thanks for sharing yours and for the how-to as well!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Thanks for the link to the tute ~ I just bought my first SLR! Now to personalize.... Thanks fro sharing ~ please come by and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I LOVE your comments and appreciate the time you take to write them. I welcome questions and promise to answer them!
(You should be able to comment easily, but you'll need to just fill out the word verification box to make sure you are a real person!)