Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bathroom is almost finished!

Hi! Wow, sorry for the break in posts, but with the end of summer and beginning of a new school year, it's taken me a while to get back into routine. So we are almost finished with the bathroom! The only things left are a shower door and beadboard. Yay! It's looking just the way we envisioned it and we couldn't be happier. Plus, it's so nice to have a 2nd bathroom...there were times that 5 of us and the dog were all crammed into the kids' bathroom, it was really comical. So without further ado, here's the bathroom!


The Vanity Area:
Vanity- Restoration Hardware Hutton espresso
Counter & backsplash- carrara marble, 3cm honed
Faucets- Costco.com brushed nickel
Mirrors- Restoration Hardware Asbury brushed nickel
Sconces- Restoration Hardware Asbury brushed nickel


The shower:
Walls- 3x6 subway tiles, polished white
Accent tile- Akdo light Caspian blue, 1x6
Floor- 2inch white hex, matte
Curb and top of pony wall- Carrara marble, 3cm honed
Faucets- Kohler Pinstripe, brushed nickel
I'm not showing you our W/C area as the toilet is ugly! It's the original, which is almond color. It's a great toilet, actually, a Toto....but needs to be replaced one day for something prettier!

And we aren't totally thrilled with the paint color, a little too baby boy like and also with a hint of purple (no good!) So we're working on finding a new paint color. We'll put beadboard in to the chair rail height, painted bright white like the rest of the trim: BM Chantilly Lace.

UPDATE: I finished the wainscoting! 
 
UPDATE to the UPDATE!  DH put new window and door trim up and I love it! As soon as I get the last coat of paint up there, I'll post a before the final final post (still need to install the shower door!)
 
I linked to The Lettered Cottage Best Room Redo of 2010!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Celeste!!!! So nice to have you link up, your bathroom BTW is gorgeous!! Love your color choices and I so want that marble countertop! Heart!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom looks great! I love the dark cabinets under the marble counter top and your shower layout. I was looking into doing something similar.
    I found a great article about small bathroom design tips that gave me some inspiration for my future bathroom project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I LOVE your comments and appreciate the time you take to write them. I welcome questions and promise to answer them!
(You should be able to comment easily, but you'll need to just fill out the word verification box to make sure you are a real person!)