Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ribbon {and more} Memory Boards & Linky Party

A good friend asked me the other day for help making a fabric memory board.  She doesn’t consider herself very crafty and was looking to me {ME?} for advice.  I instantly started to feel like a scam artist.  I’m trying to sell myself on this blog as a creative person.  But me, creative?  Not really.  What I AM good at is searching the internet, following directions and tweaking things slightly to make them my own.

And then it dawned on me, I’ve actually made a ribbon memory board before.  I think I was in college, I have no idea where it is, and if I recall correctly it didn’t come out all that well. 

At any rate, I couldn’t just leave my friend hanging.  She was counting on me, her “most crafty friend” to help her make a memory board instead of spending an arm and a leg to purchase one.  And since I’m all about saving money…I did what I do best, started searching the internet.  And instead of just emailing her a list of the blogs I found…I figured my findings might be helpful to someone else as well.  And with that, a new blog post was created.
Here are a handful of
pretty and functional memory/memo boards,
most of which come with tutorials on how to make them yourself!  Just click on the picture to be taken to the host blog.
Simple design, simple to make by Organize Your Stuff Now:
organizeyourstuffnow
Straight forward and simple from The Art Adventures of Sarah Sapang:
sarahsapang
Our Seven Dwarfs added little bows:
sevendwarfs
Cute vertical ribbons for hair accessories or anything else from Sisters Stuff:
sistersstuf
Centsational Girl made these from her old cabinet doors:
fromcabinets
Centsational Girl shares another style:
centgirlmemo
Same idea from DIY By Design:
PC230375
And if you’re up for a real project, here’s yet another from Cent Girl!
centgirlcustom
A super cute {stripes get me every time} framed board {you can easily add ribbon} from Thrifty Décor Chick:
thriftychick
Here are a couple different ways you can use the ribbon {these next two are just for sale- no tutorial with them, but they are cute ideas you could create by following any one of the other tutorials and switching it up a bit}
handmadecountrycottage
mod
Ok, now I’m starting to deviate from the assignment, but when I found this I couldn’t resist! It is sooooooo cute!  Whipperberry made it for a guest post on Tatertots and Jello.  See the tutorial HERE.
blessingboard
Here’s another by Whipperberry. She calls it a “Blessing Board” and used it for Thanksgiving blessings, but I think you could use it year round for anything!
whipperberry
And look at this one….OH so KEY-U-T…and Easie Peasie says it’s just that:
easy peasy!
easiepeasie
I have a thing for clothespins right now! 
Isn’t this one adorable? Found it on Lemon Tree’s cute blog!
IMG_5112
And finally, I couldn’t resist this one with it’s burlap ribbon…lovin’ that burlap right now, too!  Thanks for the great idea Mamie Jane!
Blog_Photos_09-06-09_(29)

 A ribbon memory board wasn’t on my to do list, but I think I might need to add one {or two} of these adorable numbers!

UPDATE!!!
My friend who I referred to at the beginning of this email got inspired and made her memory board!! She doensn't have a blog, so I wanted to share hers here!
It turned out GREAT Deb!  Impressive!  You can't call yourself a "craft spazz" anymore.

Have you made a memory board? Are you going to try one of these? How about an impromptu linky party?
Please link it up below so everyone can enjoy! 
And also, please link back to this post. Here's my button:









Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my project. I really appreciate it. I love all the other ones you featured as well. I have to go check out some of those tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring the memo board I made for my oldest daughter's room! All the memo boards you featured are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little collection!! Thanks for featuring my clothesline display! I'm a sucker for those little clothespins too, I did a valentine version as well that you might like.
    http://lemontreecreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/sparkly-valentine-banner.html

    Have a great day!! Thanks for reading!

    Erin
    LTC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just dropping by to let you know I awarded you a stylish blogger award. Stop by my blog and pick it up if you like!

    http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-week-two-awards-one-incredibly-long.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous roundup Celeste! How is everything? Say hi to Andy for me!!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including my little blog in your collection! (Bennyville Blog)

    There are so many great ideas here! I'm going to have lots of future crafty weekends! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I LOVE your comments and appreciate the time you take to write them. I welcome questions and promise to answer them!
(You should be able to comment easily, but you'll need to just fill out the word verification box to make sure you are a real person!)